Custom Development Design. Develop. Deliver.
Facilitating innovation and creating efficiencies while maximizing your capacities in research and development
Custom product development is the cornerstone capability from which Grace Bio-Labs’ family of products evolved. This service allows researchers to create scientifically relevant experimental designs to advance the field of biomarker discovery in precision medicine. Grace Bio-Labs has developed a proprietary repertoire of manufacturing materials and methods that meet customer specifications with regards to tolerances, bio-compatibility, and assay conditions.
Our scientists partner with our customers to rapidly build prototypes that enable scaled development and manufacturing. As a development partner, we collaborate with research laboratories, biotechnology companies, private researchers, and pharmaceutical companies to advance scientific discovery.
How can we help you develop research strategies to meet your specific needs?
- Fluidics Design
- Nitrocellulose Coatings
- Specialized Assay Reagents
- OEM Collaborations
The simple and elegant designs of our products allow for innovative and distinctive research and molecular analysis. Our fluidics designs are characterized by their abilities to:
- Facilitate rapid and economical setup for cell and molecular analysis
- Assure quality and efficiency with their biocompatibility and chemical resistance
- Incorporate the use of materials that do not contribute to fluorescent background to facilitate the expanded use of fluorescent labels
- Provide devices for smaller scale experiments, thereby equally meeting the compatibility needs for both robotic liquid handling for high throughput and smaller scale phases
Grace Bio-Labs invented the porous nitrocellulose (PNC) film-coating technology that underlies the Film-Slide and Film-Plate product lines sold by Grace Bio-Labs. ONCYTEⓇ Film was originally invented to increase the sensitivity of in situ assays for proteins and RNAs in cells in a process we call Cyto Coherent Transfer. The replacement of conventional glass slides with Film-Slides for these in situ applications increased assay sensitivity by preventing the diffusional loss of analyte from cells during fixation and processing.
Since that time, Film-Slides have become widely used in various microarray applications utilizing proteins, peptides, glycoproteins, and carbohydrates. As research continues to expand, modifications and new applications continue to grow as well. Grace Bio-Labs remains at the forefront of exploring how to support these evolving discoveries.
Specialized Assay Reagents
Critical to the success of any bioanalytical assay validation is the type, stability, and blocking capacity of the reagents used. As Grace Bio-Labs has expanded the types of slides and slide surfaces available for microarray applications, we have, in turn, expanded our capacity to develop reagents that cultivate specific binding capacities, maximize assay signals, and minimize background.
Our most recent product, QBlock Protein Microarray Blocking Buffer, was designed based on our need for a buffer that blocks non-specific protein binding on nitrocellulose substrates that also maximizes signals and minimizes background from assays utilizing Quantum Nanoparticles (QNP’s).
Grace Bio-Labs works with globally recognized biotechnology companies, research universities, and pharmaceutical research companies to maximize capacities in research and analysis. Our agility, ability to design and deliver custom products, and commitment to state-of-the-art scalable manufacturing allows us to remain at the forefront of an industry that is evolving exponentially.
As a development partner, Grace Bio-Labs facilitates efficiencies and innovation to maximize your capacities in research and analysis rather than in development and manufacturing. Let us know what you and your company are exploring and we can support you in making that a reality.
Custom Assay Development
The cornerstone of Grace Bio-Labs’ evolution and success has been our unique capacity to envision and design tools to facilitate protein and cell analysis research and discovery. Over the past 30 years, Grace Bio-Labs has developed a proprietary repertoire of manufacturing materials and methods that meet customer specifications with regards to tolerances, biocompatibility, and assay conditions. Our scientists partner with our customers to rapidly build prototypes that enable scaled development and manufacturing.
Advantages to the Grace Assay Technology include:
- Substantially improved sensitivity and specificity over ELISA’s gold standard
- More clearly defined positives even among lower titre antibodies due to a dynamic range that is double ELISA’s
- Customized proprietary software assures fast and accurate image analysis that’s easy to use and automated, expediting precise solutions for researchers and clinicians
- Options for multiple tests provides exceptional confidence in results. When warranted, different antigen sources and epitopes can be used
- Redundancy in testing eliminates the potential for outliers that could skew results, improving reliability and accuracy over ELISA and bead technology